Lauren Adams, M.A., is senior director of communications and marketing at AcademyHealth, where she oversees th... Read Bio
Strategic communication is a key aspect of moving evidence into action. There’s nothing worse than painstakingly producing a body of work only for it to go unseen by the stakeholders who could benefit from it the most.
AcademyHealth’s new “Communicating for Impact” course is specifically designed to help mid-career researchers bridge the gap between their expertise and those who can use it in policy and practice. Through the use of real-world scenarios, toolkits, and live calls with leading experts, enrollees will obtain the skills to effectively disseminate their work for maximum impact.
The best communicators develop a deep understanding of three key things:
- Who their audience is and what they need;
- How to craft messaging that resonates with that audience; and
- Which channels are best to reach their audiences with that messaging.
This three-week course will focus on these important topics one at a time, showing how they build upon one another. By the end of the course, enrollees will have developed an audience profile, an elevator speech tailored to that audience, and versions of that speech they can use across different channels, including social media.
Space is Limited: We wish to keep this a small and intimate meeting format to provide personalized instruction to enrollees. For the September course offering, we will cap enrollment at 40 individuals.
This course will teach you how to:
- Advance your visibility and impact
- Better understand the needs of target audiences
- Craft compelling messages that inspire action
- Use storytelling and visuals to better explain key findings
- Registration Opens: July 6, 2022
- Registration Closes: August 31, 2022
- September 7: Enrollees Receive Orientation Package with Short Pre-Work Assignment
- September 14, 2-3:30 p.m. ET: Live Interactive Call with Facilitation
- September 21, 2-3:30 p.m. ET: Live Interactive Call with Facilitation
- September 28, 2-3:30 p.m. ET: Live Interactive Call with Facilitation
All cancellations must be received in writing or via email by Wednesday, August 17, 2022 in order to receive a refund, less a $100 processing fee. Registration fees for cancelled registrants may not be applied to future AcademyHealth meetings.