The AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting (ARM) supports a healthy exchange of big ideas from a wide variety of voices. This year’s virtual convening will bring together a diverse and influential audience and offer different viewpoints – online.
Some of the most important contributions at ARM come from patient collaborators, who offer meaningful insight and perspective into a variety of health care topics, including both health accessibility and quality of care. In support of patient collaborator participation at this year’s Annual Research Meeting, we’ve made available a limited number of patient scholarships for patient collaborators who would benefit from participating in the virtual event.
- Submission Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
- Scholarship Notifications: Recipients will be notified by email in early May.
Attend the 2021 virtual Annual Research Meeting as a patient collaborator and:
- Contribute your “virtual voice” to discussions about the latest emerging evidence in health services research.
- Deepen your understanding of the most pressing health policy issues and the challenges confronting health systems.
- Engage in unique group and/or one-to-one virtual networking opportunities.
- Be involved in the big decisions to improve health and health care for all.
The Full Patient Scholarship Includes:
- One full registration to the 2021 virtual Annual Research Meeting.
- Access to all recorded live and on-demand presentations until Monday, July 19, 2021.
Do You Qualify for a Patient Scholarship?
Applicants for the scholarship must be attending the virtual Annual Research Meeting primarily to represent patients/consumers and add a patient voice to the discussion. Preference will be given to active and engaged patients who would be otherwise unable to participate. Individuals employed as full-time consultants, or in any paid capacity for health technology (including startups), pharmaceutical or device manufacturers, health care delivery systems, and state or federal government agencies are unlikely to qualify.
Applicants will be evaluated based on a number of criteria including:
- Statement of interest (required with application).
- Prior experience in patient advocacy or engagement.
- Participation in ARM in previous years (we aim to have a mix of new and returning participants).
- Potential for applicant to elevate underrepresented or minority communities.
- Potential for applicant to diversify geographic representation at the conference.