This page was last updated on August 8, 2022.
As always, protecting the health and safety of our meeting attendees is our number one priority. Below you will find information about health and safety protocols for the in-person Health Policy Orientation. These protocols reflect the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization guidelines, as well as industry best practices. Because these factors are frequently changing, we will continue to update this page as new guidance is released.
All participants are expected to adhere to and abide by the health and safety protocols outlined below. Refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from an AcademyHealth event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.
All in-person attendees, staff, and speakers must be fully vaccinated two weeks prior to the meeting date to participate. As defined by the CDC, fully vaccinated means two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson product. For international attendees, this guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (i.e., AstraZeneca/Oxford, Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac). If you will not be fully vaccinated by October 10, 2022, you will not be eligible to attend the Orientation. Attendees will be asked to show proof of vaccination when they arrive to the meeting and retrieve their tent card and badge.
In order to make your experience at AcademyHealth seamless, we’ve partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to make your COVID-19 screening easier. As a reminder, AcademyHealth requires all attendees to show proof of vaccination and complete a health survey. For the most efficient entry possible, every attendee should enroll with CLEAR before the event by following the steps below:
Step 1: Before the event
- Download the free CLEAR app.
- Tap on the white Health Pass button.
- Select “Have a code?” and enter “FALLHPO”.
- Create a free account by uploading a photo of a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, and snap a quick selfie to confirm you are you. Already a member? Simply log in and verify with a selfie.
- Follow prompts to securely upload your proof of vaccination. You can add your CDC card, scan a SMART QR code, or link to a health provider.
Step 2: Before arriving, take a quick health survey
- Before you head to registration, open the CLEAR app, tap Health Pass, and take a selfie. You’ll be prompted to answer a quick health survey.
A green Health Pass means you’re good to go! Show it to staff when you arrive. If your pass is red, you will not be permitted entry.
Still have questions on how to upload your CDC card? Watch our quick tutorial here.
Need further assistance with Health Pass? Contact CLEAR’s Member Care team directly in the CLEAR app, by calling 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763), or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face masks are required for all indoor activities at the Orientation, except while actively eating and drinking.
Additional Health and Safety Protocols
All attendees, speakers, and staff should:
- Not enter the AcademyHealth office if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands; and
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, inside and outside of the Orientation.