Us: The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of researchers and research users, and advocates for the use of evidence to improve health and health care for all. In 2020, we established three strategic priorities: science innovation; diversity, equity and inclusion, and health systems improvement, resilience and capacity.
You: An early career professional, with 3-5 years of experience, who is highly organized, a great writer, comfortable reviewing and understanding customer relations management database metrics (SalesForce, HubSpot, Oracle, etc.), and eager to take on new challenges. Familiarity with health care issues and policy is beneficial, but not required. The ideal candidate asks questions like, “what do we know about our members and their needs; what information do we need to make better decisions about engaging them; and what can we learn from the ways people interact with us now?”
How you’ll contribute:
The Associate, Marketing & Analytics will spend half their time on marketing campaigns and half their time on data analytics. The position will work with internal data to provide insights and identify opportunities to increase engagement with AcademyHealth through membership, conferences and other virtual and in-person events. Our goal is to transform our data collection, management, and synthesis strategy to increase member recruitment, engagement and retention, as well as more effectively market our many conference and program offerings. The position compiles, maintains and learns from membership and marketing data, supports marketing efforts for several AcademyHealth programs and initiatives, and helps create and deploy effective marketing content engages the diverse audiences that our organization serves. The associate reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, and works closely with the Marketing Manager, Digital Communications Associate, and Art Director.
- Lead the marketing efforts for AcademyHealth scholarships, fellowships, awards, orientations, and webinars.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards; use data and analytics to draw insights and translate into actionable change
- Work with IT and the Marketing Manager to increase our use of automation and lead generation
- Assist with the promotion of AcademyHealth’s suite of conferences.
- Write and edit marketing materials, including website, email, collateral, and social media content.
- Research and build new and diverse audience and marketing contact lists.
- Collaborate closely with IT and membership teams to understand our various audiences, their diverse needs, and purchasing and engagement patterns.
- Ensure data integrity and list management for the marketing and communications team.
- Understands basic principles of data-driven marketing and the connection between data analytics and marketing strategy.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, creativity with great problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of data from various sources including websites, social media, surveys, search engines and paid media; along with an aptitude to clearly articulate findings
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thinks proactively and takes initiative.
- Loves being part of a dynamic, collaborative team.
- Communicates well in person and in writing, creates compelling copy and loves a good marketing visual.
- Knows how to wrest productivity and knowledge from technology – familiar with common database, analytics, and collaboration software.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or data science preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
What you should know:
- AcademyHealth is a hybrid work environment, with options for remote and in office work.
- AcademyHealth requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office, unless entitled to an accommodation.
- Applicants outside the metropolitan DC area are encouraged to apply.
- We will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
- AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- A limited amount of travel to meetings is expected.
The salary range is $55,000- $63,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with emails) to Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.
Diversity is an integral part of our organizational culture. For that reason, we seek to maintain staff diversity at all levels; and to provide an inclusive environment that embraces and values diverse ideas, talents and experiences. We will demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the differences within our personal, professional, and business relationships on behalf of AcademyHealth.