Us: The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers (HSR), policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of researchers and research users, and advocates for the use of evidence to improve health and health care for all.
You: An early to mid-career professional who is flexible, driven, highly organized, and a self-starter.
How you’ll contribute:
In this role, your primary responsibility is conceiving, creating and implementing members-only benefits and programs that build connections between AcademyHealth and its diverse communities of members. This includes managing member engagement and community-building efforts; and overseeing and implementing the annual member engagement calendar of events, including online trainings, student chapter initiatives, and professional Interest Group activities. In addition, you will work closely with the Director of Membership, to develop and launch member recruitment and retention campaigns.
This position is “outward facing” and requires you to work with different types of members.
- Serve as primary project manager, implementing the annual member engagement calendar of events.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Membership to research and implement strategies to increase member retention and diversify membership.
- Work with marketing and communications staff on member engagement, recruitment, and retention campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to enhance engagement of professional and student members, including student chapters, Interest Groups (IG) and other member groups.
- Draft announcements, blog posts, and promotional messaging for member newsletter, organizational emails, and external publications.
- Build and maintain relationships with members, including volunteer leaders (Interest Group and student leaders) and staff.
- Monitor and support communication between AcademyHealth staff and members in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage content updates for membership, interest group and student chapter web pages.
- Travel and attend AcademyHealth conference(s) to assist with marketing AcademyHealth’s programs and services.
- Support the overall goals of the membership program area by performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management or related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in membership engagement, marketing, or program management.
- Reliable, and resourceful self-starter.
- Motivated to offer insight and implement programs to contribute to membership growth and sustainability.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; detail oriented; and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Solid experience using Microsoft programs (Word and Excel) and remote collaboration tools (Zoom).
- Familiarity with an association management database or customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate team needs.
- Ability to occasionally travel to meetings.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and growth mindset.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with external stakeholders and internal staff team.
What you should know:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AcademyHealth offices are temporarily closed. The successful candidate will work from home full-time until our physical office reopens. Once the office reopens, flexible and remote work options will be available to all employees by mutual agreement.
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. region is not required.
- We are conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
- AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
This is a Level 3 position. The salary range is $55,000 - $65,000.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with emails) to Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.
Diversity is an integral part of our organizational culture. For that reason, we seek to maintain staff diversity at all levels; and to provide an inclusive environment that embraces and values diverse ideas, talents and experiences. We will demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the differences within our personal, professional, and business relationships on behalf of AcademyHealth.