The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members and partners – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of a vibrant and diverse community of researchers and research users, supports the implementation of evidence to improve policy and practice, and advocates for the use of evidence to improve health and health care for all. Our established priorities are: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Health Systems Improvement, Resilience and Capacity; and Science Innovation. Diversity is a core value at AcademyHealth. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all and transforming our field to achieve higher impact, more equitable research.
You: An early career professional with three to five years of substantive work experience who is kind, self-motivated, curious, highly organized, a strong writer, capable of managing day-to-day project activities, and has experience in and/or passion for health care policy and equity.
We believe that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. As such, you do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position – applications are welcomed from a broad range of applicants.
How you’ll contribute:
The Research Associate will support the creation, translation, and dissemination of timely and policy-relevant research to inform health care policy and practice, including community-engaged research studies. With funding from public and private grants and contracts, this team supports projects that may include grantmaking and related pre-award and post-award tasks, such as developing calls for research proposals, managing application and review processes, and supporting grantees. Team members design and execute dynamic and diverse virtual and in-person convenings across a variety of health care topics and produce blog posts, one-pagers, issue briefs, and other publications to communicate research findings for use by policymakers, health system leaders, and other decision makers. Supporting information sharing through innovative modalities is also a high priority.
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities of a diverse portfolio of projects, which include reviewing proposals, making funding recommendations, facilitating technical assistance, and coordinating briefings and other dissemination activities.
- Support program activities by independently tracking progress on deliverables and managing day-to-day activities.
- Translate and disseminate research findings for policy, health care delivery system, and diverse community audiences.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with diverse and representative partners and stakeholders.
- Support the development of convenings on topics in health services research and policy including managing logistics and materials preparation for conference calls, Zoom and in-person meetings.
- Update content and manage the program website and other electronic dissemination vehicles.
- Assist in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and assisting in the implementation of those projects.
- Masters degree in public health, health policy, public policy, economics, or related field from accredited college or university including training in quantitative and qualitative analytic methods.
- 3 - 5 years of substantive work experience in health policy, public or population health, health care, health services research, and/or science policy.
- Professional interest in health policy and equity issues.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing strategies to communicate technical information to decision makers. An understanding of, and experience using, new and emerging communications media and technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with a broad range of health and health care topics, including Medicaid, health inequities, and social determinants of health.
- Experience with qualitative or mixed methods research skills, including literature review and synthesis.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service, collaboration, and innovation.
- Mature; detail-oriented; able to work well under deadline pressure, work independently and with a team, and manage competing priorities.
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A sense of humor.
This is a Level 3 position. The salary range is $60,000 to $65,000.
Qualified applicants should send resume and analytical writing sample and three references (with phone numbers and emails) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AcademyHealth will provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under the District of Columbia Human Rights Act or Federal Law. We ensure non-discriminatory practices in all matters relating to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, and all treatment on the job.