AcademyHealth is pleased to welcome four leaders to its 2024 Board of Directors. The new class joins multidisciplinary members from academia, membership organizations, and health care delivery systems. New members bring expertise in health equity, primary care, structural racism, health care workforce, designing healthy spaces, care for the uninsured, and design and data analytics across a range of topics from aging to diabetes and other chronic diseases.
“The field of health services research and health policy is poised for tremendous, positive change in the coming years,” said AcademyHealth President and CEO Dr. Lisa Simpson. “Each of these leaders brings critical insights and experience that will help drive innovation, equity and impact in the field.”
New members are:
- Ricardo Correa, M.D., Ed.D., Director for Diversity of Graduate Medical Education at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- Shekinah Fashaw-Walters, Ph.D., MSPH, Assistant Professor in the Division of Health Policy & Management at the University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health
- Andrew Ibrahim, M.D., M.S, Assistant Professor in the Michigan Medicine Department of Surgery and Assistant Professor at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Lusine Poghosyan, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N., F.A.A.N. Stone Foundation and Elise D. Fish Professor of Nursing and Professor of Health Policy and Management at Columbia University’s School of Nursing.
AcademyHealth also re-elected the following members of the board for a second term:
- Ming Jack Po, M.D., Ph.D., CEO and Founder of Ansible Health
- Ninez Ponce, Ph.D., M.P.P., Professor and Endowed Chair at UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Rasu Shrestha, M.D., M.B.A., Enterprise Executive Vice President & Chief Innovation and Commercialization Officer at Advocate Health
As AcademyHealth's governing body, the Board of Directors provides overall strategic direction, serves critical stewardship functions by reviewing and giving input to the development of programs and services, and fulfills fiduciary responsibilities by approving the annual budget and audit. Board members serve three-year terms beginning in December of each year. Learn more AcademyHealth’s Board of Directors here.