AcademyHealth is proud to be an official partner of the March for Science.
On Saturday, April 22, AcademyHealth will be marching alongside our colleagues in the scientific community in honor of our mission to improve health and the performance of the health system by supporting the production and use of evidence to inform policy and practice.
This page is intended to provide you with resources and details pertaining to the March.
AcademyHealth's Role in the March
- Statement from AcademyHealth President and CEO Dr. Simpson on AcademyHealth's Participation in the March for Science
- AcademyHealth's Guiding Principles and Policy Priorities for Advocacy
March for Science Posters: Available for Download
- "Better Science. Better Decisions. Better Health."
- "Evidence Matters."
- "I Heart HSR"
- "Knowledge is a public good."
- "I march for science."
Designated Meeting Point
AcademyHealth's designated meeting point for the march will be at the corner of 15th Street NW and G Street NW, on the same side of the street as Old Ebbitt Grill restaurant. AcademyHealth members who would like to march together should plan to meet at 1:30 p.m. to allow time to walk to the Washington Monument grounds for the 2:00 p.m. start time.
- RSVP if you would like to stay apprised of any day-of logistics being coordinated by AcademyHealth
- Buy an official AcademyHealth March for Science t-shirt
*Orders must be placed by April 9 for guaranteed delivery before the March on April 22. Orders may be placed after April 9 for commemorative t-shirts.
If you plan to participate on Saturday, please share your images and experiences with us through Twitter @AcademyHealth. We'll be using the hashtags #ScienceMarch and #EvidenceMatters.
Additional questions? Contact Lindsey Horan.