PopCop supports the efforts of local and state public health agencies to use and enhance the value of their data and improve the health of the populations they serve.
PopCop members include representatives from a range of organizations across the country, including health departments (Boston Public Health Commission, Chicago Department of Public Health, Cook County Department of Public Health, City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health, County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Denver Health, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Public Health - Seattle and King County), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and research-based institutions (Georgetown University, the University of Southern California, Johns Hopkins).
Members share insights and experiences that build and support learning – and continuously improving – the health of populations across the United States.
Meetings & Activities
The PopCop meets virtually once a month to share opportunities and shared challenges to using electronic health data, as well as lessons learned and promising practices emerging in communities across the country. As opportunities and interest arise among members, PopCop works together on writing, collaborative grant proposals, and collaborative projects. PopCop members advise the content, serve as reviewers, and participate in the annual AcademyHealth Concordium meeting.
To request information on joining meetings, please email email@example.com.
- David C. Tabano; Elizabeth Cole; Erin Holve; Arthur J. Davidson (2017) “Distributed Data Networks That Support Public Health Information Needs”
- Tomines, Alan; Readhead, Heather; Readhead, Adam; and Teutsch, Steven (2013) "Applications of Electronic Health Information in Public Health: Uses, Opportunities and Barriers"
- Select papers from Addressing Data Needs for Public Health: eGEMs and Frontiers in PHSSR Joint Issue
- Stoto, Michael (2014) "Population Health Measurement: Applying Performance Measurement Concepts in Population Health Settings"
- Davidson, Arthur J. (2014) "Creating Value: Unifying Silos into Public Health Business Intelligence"
- Select papers from Lessons from the Field: Health IT-Enabled Community-Based Transformation
- Goldwater, Jason; Jardim, Juliette; Khan, Tasnuva; and Chan, Karen (2014) "Emphasizing Public Health Within a Health Information Exchange: An Evaluation of the District of Columbia’s Health Information Exchange Program"
- Massoudi, Barbara L. MPH, PhD; Marcial, Laura H.; Haque, Saira; Bailey, Robert; Chester, Kelley; Cunningham, Shellery; Riley, Amanda; and Soper, Paula (2014) "Beacon Communities’ Public Health Initiatives: A Case Study Analysis"
- PRAPARE initiative: Bottom-up approach to the development of SDOH variables
- Committee on Community Based Solutions to Promote Health Equity in the United States: IOM open meetings for Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Culture of Health
The AcademyHealth PopCop was supported by the AcademyHealth EDM Forum, which was funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Grant # U18 HS022789. Ongoing funding is provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.