Dr. Sun is an Associate Professor in the Department of Population Sciences and the Department of Surgery at City of Hope. Read Bio
The NCI/AcademyHealth Healthcare Delivery Research Visiting Scholars Program was launched in 2017 by the Healthcare Delivery Research Program of NCI in partnership with AcademyHealth to address key gaps and advance the field of cancer care delivery research.
This unique program offers mid-career researchers a year-long, funded part-time opportunity to contribute evidence and address cancer care challenges by conducting research and pursuing projects at the National Cancer Institute in Rockville, MD. The program provides individuals with protected time to develop new research directions that advance both their own career goals and the field.
Why Become a Scholar?
- Work closely with NCI staff in the Healthcare Delivery Research Program and gain access to NCI data and resources to improve healthcare delivery and address cancer care challenges.
- Expand your professional network by connecting with new partners and collaborators and increase your professional visibility by presenting your research at the Annual Research Meeting (ARM) and a public webinar.
- Deepen your understanding of the federal grant-making process.
Learn more about the benefits of the program.
The Visiting Scholar(s) is housed in NCI’s Healthcare Delivery Research Program (HDRP). HDRP’s mission is to advance innovative research to improve the delivery of cancer-related care and it accomplishes this work through its three Branches: Healthcare Assessment Research Branch, Health Systems and Interventions Research Branch, and Outcomes Research Branch.
Interested in Applying for this Program?
Applications are now open! Submit your intent to apply today. Once you submit an intent to apply, you will receive a full application. Full applications are due by Monday, March 20, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Find detailed application and reference information in the Application Packet.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
2021-2022 Visiting Scholar
Learn more about past scholars here.
- Program Requirements and Benefits
- How to Apply
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Advisory Committee Members
- Marketing Toolkit
- Recorded 2022 Webinar by Dr. Virginia Sun: Healthcare Delivery Research and Opportunities in Older Adults with Cancer
- Recorded 2020 Webinar by Dr. Shellie Ellis: Putting Rural Cancer Care Research on the Map: Capacity for Cancer Care Delivery Research in Rural America
- Recorded 2017 Webinar by Dr. Larissa Nekhlyudov: Developing a Framework for Measuring Quality of Cancer Survivorship Care