AcademyHealth Appoints 12 New Council Members
For Immediate Release:
June 16, 2016
Washington, D.C. (6/16/2016) — AcademyHealth announced today that 12 new members have been appointed to its Methods Council and Education Council.
AcademyHealth Councils provide formal leadership to the organization with representatives nominated by AcademyHealth members. Each Council's role is to advise the AcademyHealth Board of Directors on the needs of our members and stakeholders as well as important trends and opportunities in the field of health services research (HSR).
“Our Education and Methods Councils are a testament to AcademyHealth’s commitment to meet the changing needs of our members and the broader field of health services research,” said AcademyHealth President and CEO, Dr. Lisa Simpson. “I look forward to learning from our new council members on ways to identify and respond to new challenges for HSR, methods experts, and health services and policy educators.”
The Methods Council is comprised of experts representing the multiple disciplinary perspectives in health services and policy research. As an advisor to the Board of Directors (BOD), the Methods Council assists AcademyHealth in functions such as developing strategies for professional development in HSR and providing guidance on emerging and relevant methods themes for the Annual Research Meeting.
The Methods Council welcomes six new members:
- Lara Cartwright-Smith, J.D., M.P.H., Associate Research Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Leslie Curry, Ph.D., M.P.H., Senior Research Scientist; Lecturer, School of Public Health, Yale University
- Neil S. Fleming, Ph.D., Vice President; Clinical Professor, Center for Clinical Effectiveness, Baylor Scott & White Health; Baylor University
- Lisa Klesges, Ph.D., Professor and Dean, School of Public Health, University of Memphis
- Matthew L. Maciejewski, Ph.D., Professor, Research Career Scientist, Division of General Intern Medicine, Duke University; Durham VA Medical Center
- Anne Sales, Ph.D., R.N., Professor; Research Scientist, Department of Learning Health Sciences, University of Michigan; VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
The Education Council advises the BOD and AcademyHealth leadership on the priorities and educational needs of our members and the larger field of HSR. Among its responsibilities are providing insight on HSR-related member benefits such as training and professional resources and facilitating collaboration among other AcademyHealth Councils and BOD initiatives related to education.
The Education Council welcomes six new members:
- A. Rani Elwy, Ph.D., Associate Professor; Director, School of Public Health, Boston University; VA Boston Healthcare
- David Grembowski, Ph.D., M.A., Professor, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington
- Christine Gunn, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, School of Medicine and School of Public Health, Boston University
- Rozalina McCoy, M.D., M.S., Assistant Professor; Physician, Endocrinologist, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Corrina Moucheraud, Sc.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, University of California, Los Angeles
- Julie A. Schmittdiel, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California
For more information about AcademyHealth's Councils, please visit our website.
AcademyHealth is a leading national organization serving the fields of health services and policy research and the professionals who produce and use this important work. Together with our members, we offer programs and services that support the development and use of rigorous, relevant and timely evidence to increase the quality, accessibility, and value of health care, to reduce disparities, and to improve health. A trusted broker of information, AcademyHealth brings stakeholders together to address the current and future needs of an evolving health system, inform health policy, and translate evidence into action.