AcademyHealth’s Global Health and Health Care Interest Group is a network to connect researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and trainees interested in health services and systems research (HSR) in a global context. The Group’s mission is to foster the global development, dissemination, and use of HSR to improve the quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes of care and the health status and quality of life globally.
- Increase the engagement of health services and systems researchers based outside the United States in AcademyHealth meetings and other collaborative activities
- Encourage and promote joint learning opportunities and exchange of information on research methods and innovations
- Promote the use of rigorous HSR methods in addressing health and healthcare issues around the globe
- Support the development of a diverse, well-trained, and experienced HSR workforce globally
- Create opportunities for international collaboration in the dissemination and implementation of HSR for health policy and practice.
Provisional Interest Group
This Interest Group was approved by AcademyHealth's Membership Committee (a sub-committee of the Board of Directors) in June 2015. The IG is in provisional status for the next three years, and will be working to grow its' visibility through various events.
Join this Interest Group
For more information on how to get involved, please contact the Membership Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Interest group participation is a benefit of AcademyHealth membership. Nonmembers can join the IG mailing list to receive updates and event announcements.