Medicaid Medical Directors in Washington, Massachusetts, and Virginia examine how Medicaid is uniquely positioned to combat the Coronavirus in a JAMA Viewpoint titled Securing the safety net and protecting public health during a pandemic: Medicaid’s response to COVID-19. The authors, all members of AcademyHealth’s Medicaid Medical Directors Network, explain the flexibility to maintain and increase enrollment and expand capabilities via the following ways:
- Expanding options for telehealth and virtual visits
- Remove barriers to billing for diagnostic and treatment services
- Expand coverage of home-based care
- Ease limits on prescription drug and long-term services and supports
- Assisting special populations
Read the full article here.