Xin Hu is a PhD candidate in Health Services Research and Health Policy (Health Economics Track) at Emory University. She obtained her bachelor's degree in Public Service Administration from Fudan University, and master's degree in Health Policy and Management from Emory University. Read Bio
AcademyHealth is pleased to offer the Alice S. Hersh Student Scholarship which provides free registrations to the Health Datapalooza (HDP) & National Health Policy Conference (NHPC) for two (2) selected applicants or free registrations to the Annual Research Meeting (ARM) for up to four (4) selected applicants. The scholarship is designed to encourage professional and educational development in health services research and policy among student members.
This scholarship commemorates the dedication of Alice S. Hersh, the founding executive director of the Association for Health Services Research (AHSR), to supporting the next generation of health services researcher.
Applications are currently closed.
- I am a current student member of AcademyHealth. (Join here.)
- I am enrolled full-time in a masters or doctoral program at the time of application.
- I am not a past recipient of the AcademyHealth Alice S. Hersh Student Scholarship, the Public Health Systems Research Interest Group Student Scholarship, Diversity Scholars Program, or the Aetna Foundation Minority Scholars Program.
To apply, applicants must upload and submit a completed online application form, including in the submission:
- Current Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Signed letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor or work supervisor on official letterhead
Letter of recommendation prompts:
- Describe the applicant's potential to contribute to the field of health services research or health policy.
- Describe the applicant's demonstrated commitment to their focus, or to the field of health services research or health policy.