|For Immediate Release:
December 18, 2018
AcademyHealth is pleased to welcome five new health care leaders to its Board of Directors. The new class joins multidisciplinary members from academia, membership organizations, and health care delivery systems. New members bring expertise in how we pay for health care, improve care access and delivery, advocate for evidence-based health policy decisions and ensure that our health care system contributes to healthier communities.
“Amid all the change in the field of health services research and ongoing uncertainty in health policy in Washington, we are fortunate to have these thought leaders’ guidance,” said AcademyHealth President and CEO Dr. Lisa Simpson. “I look forward to working with them to advance the discovery and dissemination of timely and relevant research-based strategies to improve health and health care.”
New members are:
- Cheryl Damberg, Ph.D., M.P.H., distinguished chair and principal senior researcher at the RAND Corporation
- Julie Goon, senior vice president of public affairs, Anthem, Inc.
- Chip Kahn, M.P.H., president and CEO of the Federation of American Hospitals
- Karen Minyard, Ph.D., director of the Georgia Health Policy Center
- Lucy Savitz, Ph.D., M.B.A., vice president for health research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest Region
AcademyHealth also elected a new board chair, Sanofi’s Chief Patient Officer Anne Beal, M.D., M.P.H., who was re-elected to a second term.
As AcademyHealth’s governing body, the Board of Directors provides overall strategic direction, serves critical stewardship functions by reviewing and giving input to the development of programs and services, and fulfills fiduciary responsibilities by approving the annual budget and audit. Board members serve three-year terms beginning in December of each year. Learn more about AcademyHealth’s Board of Directors here.