Mandi Sonnenfeld, Ph.D., M.O.T., is a post-doctoral fellow in Houston, Texas at the VA Health Professions Education Evaluation and Research (HPEER). Read Bio
The need to develop experiential-learning opportunities in delivery system settings was expressed as a specific recommendation emerging from the HSR Summit on data and methods convened by AcademyHealth in 2009. The concept of a fellowship focused on delivery system science was also defined as a priority by the AcademyHealth HSR Learning Consortium (a forum for employers, educators, and student leaders interested in advancing training in HSR) in the Consortium’s 2011 strategic plan. AcademyHealth's strategic plan further emphasizes a commitment
The goal of the fellowship is to provide hands-on training and professional opportunities for highly qualified researchers with a background in health services research (HSR) or related fields to enhance analytic skills and ultimately increase the capacity of the HSR workforce.
The fellowship is guided by an advisory committee which provides strategic direction for the fellowship and plays a key role in selecting Fellows.
The fellowship is a full-time, year-long position that takes place on site. While level of support and benefits will be determined by individual host sites, the minimum level of support will reflect National Research Service Awards stipend guidelines.
New! Read what our 2020 fellows are saying about their experience in the program.
2022 Delivery System Science Fellow
Current Application Cycle
Applications for the 2022 cycle are now closed.
To learn more, contact us a email@example.com
2022 Cohort Host Sites
- Geisinger Health System: Danville, PA
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI) and Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D): Various locations nationwide
- Weitzman Institute: Middletown, CT
*Due to COVID-19, individual host sites and fellows will discuss and determine the safest, most feasible way for the fellow to participate in the program.
- Read the 2021 DSSF Press Release
Drs. Abby Mulcahy, Mariana Wingood, and Zhiqiu Ye recently began their year-long, postdoctoral Fellowships, which will provide enhanced mentoring within a team-based, embedded, evidence-based research environment.
- Lessons Learned from the 2020 AcademyHealth Delivery System Science Fellows By Drs. Jason Sharpe and Victoria Ngo
- Mastering Health Care Improvement: Lessons Learned from AcademyHealth Delivery System Science Fellows
By Drs. Audrey Johnson, Maria Yefimova, Claire E. O’Hanlon, & Savyasachi Shah
- AcademyHealth’s Delivery System Science Fellowship: Training Embedded Researchers to Design, Implement, and Evaluate New Models of Care
Journal of Hospital Medicine | July 2017
- How the Delivery System Science Fellowship Helped Advance My Career
By: Shayna Henry, Ph.D., 2014 Delivery System Science Fellow
For additional information on the Fellowship, please click the following links below.