Notifications will be sent out in mid-September.
Social distancing guidelines stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic have dramatically altered the way in which communities convene and meetings are conducted.
Recognizing the importance of this event for the growing D&I community, both AcademyHealth and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are convening the community virtually this December.
The abstract solicitation and conference structure have been designed to focus our thinking and discussion on the highest priorities for dissemination and implementation science now and in the future to help optimize health and health care in the U.S. and elsewhere.
Given the breadth of the field and the importance of maximizing opportunities for participants to follow consistent themes throughout the concurrent sessions of the meeting, we are including nine thematic tracks to organize the conference agenda.
2021 Conference Theme:
Broadening Horizons for Impact: Incorporating Multisectoral Approaches into D&I Science
This year’s theme will highlight the importance of incorporating within studies the diverse contexts and stakeholders not only within health and health care but across sectors which have implications on health. To make large-scale gains in health at a population level, we must consider the integration of scientific discoveries within varied contexts and populations, in the face of dynamic evidence, competing demands, and diverse stakeholder priorities.
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET
We are no longer accepting abstract submissions for 2021.
Abstracts are encouraged for three types of scientific sessions: Individual Oral presentations, Panel presentations, and Poster presentations. Priority will be given to abstracts that address the overall conference theme, fit well in one of the conference tracks, and present high-quality data to support abstract conclusions. Authors will be required to select a track for their abstract and must adhere to the format: Background, Methods, Findings, and Implications for D&I Research.
- Individual Oral presentations
- Panel presentations
- Poster presentations
- Behavioral Health
- Building the Future of D&I Science: Training, Infrastructure, and Emerging Research Areas
- Clinical Care Settings: Patient-level Interventions
- Clinical Care Settings: System-level Interventions
- Global Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Health Policy Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Models, Measures, and Methods
- Prevention and Public Health
- Promoting Health Equity and Eliminating Disparities
Note: Abstracts presenting results of empirical research should report completed studies or substantial interim results. Abstracts describing proposed or early-stage studies are not encouraged. Abstracts will be reviewed and scored based on the following submission criteria, with preference being given to those that:
- Show relevance to D&I Science
- Focus on the conference theme and tracks
- Utilize rigorous and relevant research methods
- Present high-quality data to support findings
- Adequately demonstrate how the study will advance the field