Editor's Note: This page was last updated on May 25, 2022. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
As always, protecting the health and safety of our attendees is our number one priority. Below you will find information about health and safety protocols for the in-person Annual Research Meeting. These protocols reflect the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization guidelines, as well as industry best practices. AcademyHealth will be closely coordinating with the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (the conference venue) and actively monitoring local conditions, risk factors, and applicable laws, regulations, and guidance. Because these factors are frequently changing, we will continue to update this page as new guidance is released.
All participants are expected to adhere to and abide by the health and safety protocols outlined below. Refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from an AcademyHealth event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.
Vaccine and Health Survey
All in-person attendees, staff, and contractors must be fully vaccinated two weeks prior to the meeting date to participate. As defined by the CDC, fully vaccinated means two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson product. For international attendees, this guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (i.e., AstraZeneca/Oxford, Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac). If you will not be fully vaccinated by May 21, you will not be eligible to attend the conference. AcademyHealth also requires all attendees to complete a health survey.
Verification of vaccination status and the health survey will be conducted via the CLEAR app. For the most efficient entry possible, every attendee should enroll with CLEAR before the event by following the steps below:
Before the event
- Download the free CLEAR app.
- Tap on the white Health Pass button.
- Select “Have a code?” and enter “ARM2022”.
- Create a free account by uploading a photo of a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, and snap a quick selfie to confirm you are you. Already a member? Simply log in and verify with a selfie.
- Follow prompts to securely upload your proof of vaccination. You can add your CDC card, scan a SMART QR code, or link to a health provider.
- If you have additional questions on how to upload your CDC card, watch a quick tutorial here.
Before arriving each day, take a quick health survey
- Before you head to registration each day, open the CLEAR app, tap Health Pass, and take a selfie. You’ll be prompted to answer a quick health survey.
A green Health Pass means you’re good to go! Show it to staff when you arrive. If your pass is red, you will not be permitted entry.
Face masks are required for all indoor activities at the conference, except while actively eating and drinking.
Additional Health and Safety Protocols
All attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and staff should:
Not enter the venue if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands; and
Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, inside and outside of the AcademyHealth event.