AcademyHealth and the National Institutes of Health are once again convening the growing D&I science community in-person for the 15th Annual Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation in Health. The special 15th anniversary event will reflect on the accomplishments of and challenges to the field and focus on opportunities ahead.
As always, protecting the health and safety of our attendees is our number one priority. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we will be instating mandatory health and safety protocols throughout the conference. For those unable to attend in person, we will be providing a virtual option for a subset of the content, including streaming all the plenaries. Virtual content will be available for 30 days post event.
Additionally, please note:
- All submitters should be prepared to present in-person.
- This will be a vaccine-required event. All in-person attendees and presenters will be asked to show proof of vaccination to enter the conference space
The abstract solicitation and conference structure have been designed to focus our thinking and discussion on the highest priorities for dissemination and implementation science now and in the future to help optimize health and health care in the U.S. and globally.
Given the breadth of the field and the importance of maximizing opportunities for participants to follow consistent themes throughout the concurrent sessions of the meeting, we are including nine thematic tracks to organize the conference agenda.
2022 Conference Theme:
(Re)Building Better Systems: Being Proactive, Nimble, and Responsive
This year's theme, (Re)Building Better Systems: Being Proactive, Nimble, and Responsive, will build upon lessons learned about rapidly changing community health and clinical settings to envisioning new models for conducting D&I science that respond to the shifting needs of diverse systems and populations, and use flexible and rigorous methodologies to anticipate challenges and ongoing change.
- Call for Abstracts Opens: Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Submission Deadline: July 19, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Submission Types and Review Criteria
Abstracts are encouraged for four types of scientific sessions:
- Individual Oral Presentations
- Panel Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Interactive Workshops *NEW*
Review Criteria for Individual Abstracts and Panels:
- Show relevance to D&I Science
- Focus on the conference theme and tracks (see below)
- Utilize rigorous and relevant research methods
- Present high-quality data to support findings
- Adequately demonstrate how the study will advance the field
Review Criteria for Workshops:
- Important and timely topic
- Innovativeness of proposal
- Clear learning objectives
- Leader skill expertise
- Interactive and attractive format
Note: Abstracts presenting results of empirical research should report completed studies or substantial interim results. Abstracts describing proposed or early-stage studies are not encouraged.
Nine Thematic Tracks
- Behavioral Health
- Building the Future of D&I Science: Training, Infrastructure, and Emerging Research Areas
- Clinical Care Settings: Patient-level Interventions
- Clinical Care Settings: System-level Interventions
- Global Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Health Policy Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Models, Measures, and Methods
- Prevention and Public Health
- Promoting Health Equity and Eliminating Disparities