Robert Lucero's research program focuses on improving health outcomes of vulnerable populations using innovative health systems and informatics approaches. Read Bio
The award recipient will be recognized with the presentation of a plaque and a $500 honorarium at the IRGNI Pre-Conference Session, which is held in conjunction with the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
The 2023 nomination period is now closed.
To apply, applicants must upload and submit a completed online application form, including in the submission:
- Two nomination letters from current or past mentees that includes discussion of how the nominee meets each award criterion:
- Diversity, Equity, Belonging, and Inclusion
- Leadership & Support
- Mentee Development
- Mentoring Effectiveness
- Professional Development
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae that includes mentorship history
- Short nominee bio (3-4 sentences) and headshot
2023 IRGNI Research Mentorship Award Winner
2021 IRGNI Research Mentorship Award Winner
2020 IRGNI Research Mentorship Award Winner
Examples of mentorship activities that would support this nomination include:
- Including the mentee as a participant on a research team;
- Assisting the mentee with developing scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals, co-authoring with mentee, and/or recommending mentee as a reviewer for journals;
- Sharing information about and serving as consultant or sponsor for training and research grants;
- Consulting and guiding mentee on development of career plans, decision making about potential opportunities, setting priorities; and participating in service opportunities.