Dr. Yitka Graham is the Head of the Helen McArdle Nursing and Care Research Institute where she leads the development of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health (NMAHP) at University of Sunderland. Read Bio
AcademyHealth's Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues' (IRGNI) Research Mentorship Award, recognizes the contributions of a senior scientist to the career development of young investigators who are engaged in research focused on interdisciplinary health services research on nursing issues.
The award recipient will be recognized with the presentation of a plaque and a $500 honorarium at the IRGNI Pre-Conference Session, which is held in conjunction with the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting.
To apply, applicants must upload and submit a completed online application form, including in the submission:
- CV/Resume of nominee detailing mentorship activities
- Letter of Recommendation
- Biography of the Awardee
- Personal Statement detailing qualifications of the individual being nominated (if self-nominating)
2021 IRGNI Research Mentorship Award Winner
2020 IRGNI Research Mentorship Award Winner
Examples of mentorship activities that would support this nomination include:
- Including the mentee as a participant on a research team;
- Assisting the mentee with developing scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals, co-authoring with mentee, and/or recommending mentee as a reviewer for journals;
- Sharing information about and serving as consultant or sponsor for training and research grants;
- Consulting and guiding mentee on development of career plans, decision making about potential opportunities, setting priorities; and participating in service opportunities.