Julie A. Schmittdiel, Ph.D.
Dr. Schmittdiel is a Research Scientist at the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research. Read Bio
In December 2013, the AcademyHealth Board of Directors approved the development of an Education Council to advise the Board and AcademyHealth leadership on the priorities and trends in educational needs of our members and the field of HSR.
The Education Council is currently Chaired by Dr. Julie Schmittdiel, Research Scientist, at Kaiser Permanente. Dr. Tom Burroughs, Dean and Professor, at Saint Louis University, serves as Vice Chair. The Education Council is comprised of 23 members and meets three times per year, in the summer at the Annual Research Meeting, and in the fall and spring via a web-based meeting.
The Education Council has five primary responsibilities:
1. Advise AcademyHealth leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, challenges and needs related to existing and emerging educational and training needs of our members and the field of HSR.
2. Inform the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of existing and new member benefits, programs, and services that are responsive to the educational and training needs of our members and the needs of those providing training and education to our members.
Assist AcademyHealth in developing strategies, programs and services, thought leadership, guidance and community and professional development in HSR education;
3. Guide planning committees on emerging and relevant career development offerings at the ARM and other relevant AcademyHealth sponsored conferences;
4. Provide input to the AcademyHealth Committee on Advocacy and Public Policy to inform the development of AcademyHealth’s official public comments;
5. Facilitate collaboration among the Education Council and the Methods and Data Council, AcademyHealth members, and AcademyHealth leadership on AcademyHealth’s activities related to education and training.
Learn more about the 2022 Education Council members here.