Dr. Dorsey is the Branch Chief for the Statistical Products Branch of the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Read Bio
The Methods and Data Council is currently Chaired by Dr. Rashida Dorsey, Branch Chief, Statistical Products Branch at the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Dr. Mary Reed, Research Scientist II at Kaiser Permanente and Dr. Kelly Zou, Head of Medical Analytics and Real World Evidence at Viatris serve as Vice Chairs. The Methods and Data Council is comprised of 25 members representing the multiple disciplinary perspectives in health services and policy research. The Methods and Data Council meets twice per year, in the summer at the Annual Research Meeting, and in the fall via a web-based meeting.
The Methods and Data Council has five primary responsibilities:
- Advise AcademyHealth leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, challenges and needs related to existing and emerging methods used in HSR as well as in data collection, quality, security, storage, curation, availability, and accessibility for research.
- Inform the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of existing and new member benefits, programs, and services that are responsive to the needs of our members and the needs of those practicing methods and data analysis in the field of HSR.
- Guide planning committees on emerging and relevant methods and data offerings at the ARM and other relevant AcademyHealth sponsored conferences.
- Provide input to the AcademyHealth Committee on Advocacy and Public Policy to inform the development of AcademyHealth’s official public comments;
- Facilitate collaboration between the Methods and Data Council and the Education Council, AcademyHealth members, HSR training program directors, and AcademyHealth leadership on AcademyHealth’s activities related to research methods and data.
Meet the 2022 Members