The Disparities Interest Group calls for researchers, practitioners, policymakers and advocates committed to reducing disparities in health. The interest group will provide a forum to share knowledge, challenges, methods and best practices in improving inequalities in health care access, quality of care, and health outcomes.
- To improve the health and health care of diverse populations by promoting research and engaging researchers, practitioners, policymakers and communities committed to equity in health and health care.
- Provide a forum to share knowledge, challenges, methods and best practices in alleviating inequalities in health care access, quality of care, and health outcomes.
- Promote the dissemination and translation of disparities-focused research at the policy and practice levels, recognizing the unique cultural and linguistic contexts.
- Support and foster the development of new and current disparities researchers, by providing appropriate trainings and continuing education opportunities in health services research methods focused on understanding, reducing and eliminating inequities in health or health care.
- Support and promote Academy Health’s commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Minority Engagement in health services research.
Each Interest Group (IG) is led by a dedicated group of volunteers who shape the information provided to IG members each year. The Advisory Committee is selected on an annual basis with nominations opening in June of each year. Check out this year’s Disparities IG Advisory Committee.
Join this Interest Group
Interest group participation is a benefit of AcademyHealth membership.
Connect with us! #AHDisparitiesIG