As health care costs continue to rise and health disparities persist, the need to redesign our health care system to deliver better, more equitable care is paramount—and we must have a strong evidence base grounded in the needs of our communities to inform this work. This work builds upon previous efforts led by AcademyHealth, the ABIM Foundation, and the Donaghue Foundation focused on addressing low-value care. In alignment with the current health care landscape and broader social context, this project addresses the pressing issue of increasing health care value, while placing an emphasis on improving health for all.
Using a collaborative approach, the project will:
- frame and define high-value, equitable care;
- generate a research agenda aimed at improving health care value and equity;
- disseminate and gain traction for the research agenda; and
- foster a thriving and inclusive Research Community focused high-value, equitable care.
Research Community on High-Value, Equitable Care
The Research Community on High-Value, Equitable Care is a professional network for researchers and other stakeholders to collaborate and share information about promising research, practices, and policies to advance health care value and equity. Comprised of over 400 members to date, the community includes researchers in academic and other settings, health system leaders, patients/consumers, clinicians, health plans, and policymakers.
Joining the community provides members with the opportunity to:
- Receive highlights on the latest research findings, national and regional conferences, and funding opportunities related to research on health care value and equity.
- Dive deeper into examples of research methods, tools, data, findings, and interventions through organized webinars.
- Expand your network by making connections with members in the community through webinars and group discussions.
- Find future research partners and professional collaborators.
- Share your ideas, present during webinars, and learn about your peers’ interests and work to explore potential ways to collaborate.
- Find collaborators in the community for proposal development and publishing papers or thought pieces.
- Tackle shared challenges in care value and health equity research by engaging in dialogue during organized sessions.
We are continuing to grow the community. If you are interested in joining or would like to learn more, please fill out this brief form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.