The AcademyHealth, ABIM Foundation, and Donaghue Foundation Research Community on Low-Value Care is a professional network for research producers and users to advance their work in eliminating low-value care in the U.S. and abroad. The community is comprised of 315 members to date and includes researchers in academic and other settings, health system representatives, patients/consumers, clinicians, health plans, and policymakers. The goals of the research community include:
- Fostering connections, communications, and collaborations among researchers and end-users with an interest in reducing low-value care;
- Facilitating exchange of information on new evidence, research methods, and funding opportunities;
- Identifying and spurring dialogue on shared challenges and key priorities for strengthening research, practice, and policy; and
- Helping to generate new collaborations to conduct research or implement research findings.
Joining the community provides members with the opportunity to connect and interact with peers; augment their knowledge on the latest research evidence, best practices, tools, data, and funding opportunities; and access webinars, sessions, and thematic groups to learn, network, and find opportunities for collaboration to address key low-value care challenges.
- Receive highlights on the latest research findings, national and regional conferences, and funding opportunities related to research on low-value care.
- Dive deeper into examples of interventions, research methods, and findings through organized webinars.
- Expand your network by making connections with members in the community through webinars, shared challenges and solution sessions, and other group discussions.
- Find future research partners and professional collaborators.
- Become a mentor and/or a mentee to guide and learn.
- Join a thematic group to address a core issue in research on low-value care and work with peers to find solutions.
- Publish papers or thought pieces with other members.
- Tackle shared challenges in low-value care research by engaging in dialogue during organized sessions.
- Share your ideas, present during webinars, and learn about your peers’ interests and work to explore potential ways to collaborate.
- Find collaborators in the community for proposal development.
The John A. Hartford Foundation
Senior Program Evaluation Consultant
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research
Senior Investigator and Director of Research and Strategic Partnerships
Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute
Director of Health Informatics and Norman Topping Chair in Medicine and Public Policy
University of Southern California
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Chief Research Officer
University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation